The last few months have flown by, and I suspect we have all be impacted by many things. Perhaps the most fun has been Tamiko, Chris, & Chris getting used to the addition of their new baby as nearly four months has passed since he came into the world.
We look forward to hearing how they are going and also what has been happening amongst the various TFC’s over the last four months.
We are aware of some initiatives such as:
• The excellent event “Hope Rising” that Oasis & Copa Vida ran. We made many connections across multi-cultural lines and were able to raise some funding for our work
• We are also exploring three new TFC opportunities within Southern California
• Plus the Academy schools in Bristol UK are having a focus on American thanksgiving season, and we have provided them with materials that connect it into slavery and the USA TFC movement.
• The TraffickFree Community in Pomona undertook a “Set them Free” fundraiser
- TraffickStop in Colorado participated in the Justice Run
• And the folks in San Gabriel have bought the iEmpathize schools curriculum and were working towards getting it into the Pasadena High School
It would be great if we got an update on other TFC highlights from the last couple of months?
Currently, there are a number of ongoing activities that may be helpful for your TFC such as:
• The Oasis Mozambique clean water campaign. We need just over $2500 to achieve the goal you can see more at http://oasisusa.org/one-days-wages. Join us or advocate your friends and help us reach the goal
• We are also part of the C.A.R.E. LA18 initiative, and it would be great for TFC’s to support this program. To find out more contact Melissa at firstname.lastname@example.org
Plus we have several upcoming events that TFC’s can join in and support either through action or prayer:
• This weekend New City Church will have street action teams in DTLA. Some of those groups will be passing out information on Human Trafficking
• On Dec 6th Art activists from Eagle Rock and the Glendale area will be running a Silent Graffiti/Street Art Auction for Oasis in the Eagle Rock Hub. Come along and see some great art.
• The Oasis Christmas Campaign will be starting in Dec we would appreciate your support. More details to follow
• On Jan 11th the L.A.Task Force has a Freedom walk planned. We will be helping by providing 3-5 people who would act as group leaders and help guide a specific group of people around the walk route. Contact Melissa at email@example.com for more details and if you would like to be a group leader.
• On Jan 17th the LA, Archdiocese will have an “ONE LIFE” walk through downtown LA. Oasis is working with the coordinating group and will be one of the exhibitors highlighting the fight against Human Trafficking. It would be great if several TFC’s were involved in the exhibit/tabling. Several thousand people are expected to take part. To know more contact Kevin at firstname.lastname@example.org
• On Jan 31st Long Beach, Task Force holding a Youth Exploitation Safety Symposium (Y.E.S.S.) at which Oasis will be tabling. To know more contact Kevin at kevin.potter@Oasisusa.org
• Late April! Mark your calendars as Steve Chalke the Founder of Oasis and minister at Oasis Church, Waterloo in London will visit several cities across the USA. One of which will be LA. More details to follow.
• Two wings are looking for mentors to help their survivors. Training will be given contact Kevin at email@example.com for more details
• Oasis has 11 Freedom bags at our office if you are aware of any immediate needs
• STT is running a chocolate campaign. See http://www.stopthetraffik.org/campaign/chocolate for more details.
• If your TFC would like to undertake training for poster distribution around the SB1193 initiative Contact Melissa at firstname.lastname@example.org
• Oasis USA uses a weekly spiritual reflection update that is sent out by our colleagues in South Africa. It helps us plug into God during our busy lives. Its called “Rhythm of Life” and if you would like to know more contact Kevin at email@example.com
• We would remind you that the Oasis Global Director, Andy Matheson’s new book is out for sale. It's called “We Not me” which highlights the narrative of “community” and shows how the concept of community permeates the Old and New Testaments.
• Lastly, please keep checking or “like” the various TFC Facebook pages for