TraffickFree Community Joys and Challenges
The communities have grown and we currently have several around the USA with others in the early stages of incubation. Most are reaching out to thier cities and looking for ways to enage and advocate for those at risk.
- Have supported local police forces with FREEDOM BAGS that are given to girls in the immediate aftermath of a rescue.
- Have provided volunteers for mentoring life skills to young women who need help and support as they reintegrate back into community life. Several women, in thier quest for full inegrated freedom, have found that the grace and love shown in the way of Jesus Christ has helped them find that freedom.
- Are advocating for those enslaved by lobbying local city governments about the human trafficking situation in their area.
- Have helped develop law enforcement training for local Police departments.
- Are teaching teenagers vulnerable to trafficking ways on how to protect themselves and their friends.
- Are helping faith groups to support, pray for and strengthen the vulnerable in their communities
- Have partnered with organizations such as FairTrade Towns to develop a business culture of justice and integrity
- Have supported victims of human trafficking in finding places of safety
- Are working to develop communities that are places of reintegration and support
- Have joined together and prayed for a young trafficked girl and seen her found and rescued four days later.
- Have supported the global work of fighting trafficking and been part of the network that has helped hundreds of woman and children be rescued for abuse and slavery. Recently the Oasis team in India rescued over 81 women and children
Earlier this month we were also fortunate enought to have obtained a grant to help develop 10 TFC's.
Sadly we were granted just under half of the amount that was applied for. We are currently exploring creative ways to make up the shortfall.
A coupe of ways you could assist us would be to add OasisUSA and the TFC initiative to your local faith based missions and/or corporate giving, donate to the TFC 13 campaign or run a fundraising event in your area or with your friends.
With help we are positive that we can supplement the grant and make sure there is a continuation of the grassroots fight against human trafficking.